Passion in Pink with Heart and Soul

I'm doing a side-by-side comparison of Passion in Pink and LP Pink...as I think most will have that to compare it to. Passion in Pink is a much more sheer pink than LP Pink. LP Pink has a more sugar-berry-foody pink punched up with the LP base, and Passion has the feminine rose-sugar-pink vibe to it. I think it could easily be worn as a work scent without clobbering anyone with your girly side...i.e. it's not too candy-bubblegum-teenybopper! I like H&S with this, it's sweet and comforting as a pair.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Je nais se quois is the term for heart and soul, and Passion in Pink is a great carrier that exudes it. It's playfully wild. On the surface, pepper and passion fruit adds a rambunctious edge. The caramel bridges the rambunctiousness with the glamour and sophistication of the rose and amber when I inhale deeply. GRRRRR I growl and shake my head from side to side with glee at how much I enjoy this scent when I give it a big whiff :) Rose, to me, is a smooth scent with a dry finish sometimes. They way the cayenne complements the rose is kind of like a teeny nibble in the midst of a luscious kiss. At the end of five hours, the faint traces behind are caramel, amber, and pepper, with an even smaller hint of rose. gmmmrrrmmm.

I almost ordered a sample of this, b/c I LOOOVE pink scents, but everytime I get anything with rose in it I am sorry I ordered it.

But still I am now tempted....Do you all find the rose coming on strong?

I will let you know as soon as my sample gets here how the rose comes across for me because it doesn't do well on me most of the time either. I couldn't resist the H&S though and I do like most pinks...we'll see how this goes.

raq- on my skin, i think the rose comes out as a softer and smoother variety than lam orchid rose. it smells like actual delicate rose petals, instead of a perfumey deep damask rose. it's there as part of the ensemble, not center stage. then again, i'm biased and adore rose :/

Ohhhh,I get the most beautiful soft pink rose,mmmmmmm,LP does rose soooooo well...this makes me smile :) What a perfectly PERFECT match for the H&S phero blend,infinitly huffable with the not too sweet sugared sheerness :wub:

WOW.....That's PINK !!!!

not sure if I like this yet, a tiny swab is VERY powerful :huh:

ETA: the drydown is a lot more favorable....it's a keeper :)

Edited by liz

WOW.....That's PINK !!!!

not sure if I like this yet, a tiny swab is VERY powerful :huh:

ETA: the drydown is a lot more favorable....it's a keeper :)

As often the case I have same reaction as Liz. Wet, I was surprised to find I did not care for the pepper which I usually enjoy...especially with the PINK which was of the kind that my skin likes to turn plasticky/stabby :'( it did settle down into something softer and more veily, like Lauren's sweet pink fairy kinda...

The roses jumped out of the vial at me, and I was afraid! On my skin though, it's very, very nice. The passion fruit came out a bit, and the caramel helped the roses mellow out. It's been about three hours now, and I get a soft gentle rose with the spiciness of the cayenne peeking out. It doesn't smell very pink to me, but I like it. I think it will be absolutely perfect for the spring.

Of course I love this one. It's very girly but like a punk rock girl. It's very beautiful on me, sweet with a punch. I can't stop smelling my arm. It's a very happy upbeat and pinky scent. I smell something fruity and maybe floral but with a nice sharp tang to it. I love it. It's a happy punchy pink scent. I get very little rose though. This reminds me of a nice cold glass of pink lemonade and sangria combined.

This is a good match for Heart & Soul - in the vial it reminds me a bit of Premeditated Passion (in that I get the smoothness of the caramel and amber underneath the passionfruit) - but on me it's very tangy pink roses with the brightness of the fruit and just a zing of the pepper. It softens in the drydown but the character stays the same. I think this might be a little too for me but it's totally girly and pretty and upbeat.

Edited by luna65

Very pretty indeed!

The rose did not get crazy on me at all. I could smell it but this is one of the first times it did not overwhelm (Raq On...did you get a sample? If not I think you should I am curious to see if it works for you).

I thought I smelled a lot of grapefruit in there. Kinda tangy. Very sugary.

It reminded me of smooshed up graham crackers and rose petals.

My friend Michael (who is a bit of an LP connoisseur at this point) DID NOT like it one bit. He thought it way too strong. To be fair I had A LOT on. When I told him that he said "NO WONDER YOU HAVE TO KEEP BUYING THEM!!! YOU'VE GOT HALF AN LP ON!!!"

So...maybe not so much next time.

ok, i finally got my sample on friday and am testing it out today. scent-wise it is pink for sure. I get some of the rose and i think it is the cayenne pepper that gives it a spicy almost carbonated feel. does that make any sense? However as much as i love me my pink scents this one is not for me because it is irritating my skin.

sigh. I thought this was such a ravenwing scent, with all its pinky-ness and roses..... :cry:

ok, i finally got my sample on friday and am testing it out today. scent-wise it is pink for sure. I get some of the rose and i think it is the cayenne pepper that gives it a spicy almost carbonated feel. does that make any sense? However as much as i love me my pink scents this one is not for me because it is irritating my skin.

sigh. I thought this was such a ravenwing scent, with all its pinky-ness and roses..... :cry:

i get the carbonated feel! i was thinking the same thing.

i think this is my favorite, scent-wise, of this month's releases (and of all the LPs i've tried so far, possibly)

For me, this is a perfect balance of rose, yumminess,tang and heat. Very original,very wearable. It is interesting to note that on different days, different notes are more prominent. As for possible phero effect: This was a very social holiday weekend. There was a big party to attend,several guests to my own home and a holiday outing. I wore this most of the weekend. I was able to help some people who confided troubling matters to me during these past few days, a place was made for me at the "men's" drinking table and everyone took time to interpret for me what was being drunk and one shopkeeper in a fairly high end shop startled me (not in a bad way) by grasping my hand and holding it as I paid for my singular, inexpensive item, beaming at me as if I were the most treasured customer. (he didn't do that to others in line, oddly.) The last interaction was probably the most out-of-the-ordinary and I found myself wondering about that for a while. Its not like I'm amazing looking, famous or something more plausible that could explain it.

I'm not sure if I like it or not...

It is a perfectly pinky girly scent, very princessy and even kind of preppy...I love my pinky scents, but this one I think is too juvenile, too girly...This is something that I see my sister wearing (she's entering her 20's), but not me...

It is well balanced, and the pepper never gets out of control, I think it complements the rose very well..the rose in this one is a young hip rose and the passion fruit gives it a tang that prevails until the end...my skin didn't amp the sugars or the cayenne, they are very mild on me. After hours of application, all that is left is a rosy-pink lemonade trail...

Passion for Pink is a pretty fragrance, its just not for me...

But the label, oh my God, that Chihuahua looks just like my Coco...love the label!!

Maybe this really compliments my chemistry or maybe its the pheros but people really like this on me. Referencing the above post, I was initially concerned about it being too "young girl" for me (I'm over 50) but perhaps the rose combined with pepper, which appears very noticeably on my skin, makes for a somewhat carnation-y vibe that offsets the sweetness and fruitiness enough so that it works for me. At any rate, I must have more of this..ordered another.

Maybe this really compliments my chemistry or maybe its the pheros but people really like this on me. Referencing the above post, I was initially concerned about it being too "young girl" for me (I'm over 50) but perhaps the rose combined with pepper, which appears very noticeably on my skin, makes for a somewhat carnation-y vibe that offsets the sweetness and fruitiness enough so that it works for me. At any rate, I must have more of this..ordered another.

Hi, Blupest!

I'm glad it worked for you, it's just not my cup of tea...

My mom is 60 and she liked PIP...who would have thought..?

• 1 month later...

I actually expected to not like the scent or just not be enthusiastic about it but was pleasantly surprised. Out of the bottle I thought it'd be too perfumey for my tastes but as it dried down on my skin the amber and spice did a nice job of anchoring the fruits and florals down, melding everything really well together so that while light, it wasn't too powerful in any one direction.

That said, I wore it on the...27th, kinda maybe forgetting about the pheromone aspect. Having not worn it around others before I really had no reference to remember from. So...oops. Long story short, ended up having a blow-up with my mother (I was visiting for the holidays), which was...loud, to say the least, and completely unexpected. For some context I am not the sort to get riled up, generally not being a fan of whatchamacallits...."emotions".

I had a shower afterwards, wherein I was marvelling at what had just happened, but - and I find this interesting, being new - apparently that didn't wash the pheros off? That is to say, after, y'know, donning clothes again ended up sitting avec ma mère and having the opposite experience of an hour ago: very calm and earnest heart-to-heart (figure of speech, not a product plug there) which cleared up, well a good deal to be frank. And the rest of the day went well.

Overall a positive experience, but a roller-coaster of mind-blowing "W.T.F." even while I was in the midst of it. Still, smelt purdy.

Edited by Toronto Sol

• 1 month later...

Passion in Pink has stolen my heart today. Oh wait...it has Heart & Soul in it, doesn't it? Ah-HA! I made a funny! Seriously, though, it's really lovely. I did the same thing initially with this as I did with Darling Clementine--I didn't pay enough attention to it to really understand the depth of the scent, and its effects. I'd dabbed it a couple different times before, and liked it. However, I didn't really get enough on to experience the whole shebang. Today I DID.

On me, it's an unobtrusively foody tea rose kind of thing. It's amazing. The scent keeps veering between sweet tea rose and foody tea rose, and the extreme drydown sort of combines them both. I don't get passionfruit from it, which had kept me away from it at first. I think the passionfruit might be helping give me the tea rose feel. The caramelized sugar, amber, and cayenne give me a warm foody note that is, well, yummy! The phero is very nice, and it goes really well with the scent.

Dang. Now I'm wanting 2 bottles--unpheroed, and pheroed! That. Is what tax returns. Are for. B)

Edited by ElizabethOSP

And I need to add to the above...LadyV said she likes this one for hanging out with the girls. It's a great hang-out one for me, too! I wore it for one-on-one music and art teaching yesterday, and it was lovely for that. Then later at home, I was the hang-out-with-daughter-and-ManThing-queen. The phero puts me in a happy, relaxed, social mode, and it seems to do that to people around me. I'm wearing it for classroom and small-group teaching today.

:nice04271:

I love the rose in this one... however I'm not a fan of the pepper and/or caramelized sugar. Something in it just doesn't feel good in my "sniff". I will be looking for other scents that have this type of rose, though!

• 3 weeks later...

I love the rose in this! It's such a perfect spring rose. It has that nice little tang and it's so LONG lasting!!!

I put some on this morning and I can still smell the pinkest of roses on my skin!

It's a very fresh pinky springy type of smell that is perfect for the warm weather we are experiencing currently

I have tried H&S with several fragrances, but this has become my favorite mix. It truly seems a congruent blend. This is another one where upon first application I wasnt sure about as I mainly got lighter florals, however after just a few short minutes the peppercorn and the deeper roses emerged. This has become a top pick for me. A beautiful fragrance with the combination of the bite of the pepper with succulent heart of a deep rose, and then mixed with H&S really helps with stress and encourages positive interactions with others. This is another I have gotten many compliments from.

• 3 weeks later...

I wish I could say that I like this, being that I bought a big bottle of this in 60/40 alcohol/oil mix. I'm a newbie, so I didn't know at the time I bought it that I could have gotten it in a sample size. If it didn't smell like a cat scent marked me I'd love it. once it dries, all I get is pepper and something that smells like pee . :fright04238:

I so want to like this, but the caramel amps to an intolerable level.

@ Halo: Me too!! That caramel is so loud! Do you think layering this with something would work? Maybe a vanilla would soften this?

This is one of the rare times that I had to wash off a scent from LP but I *KNOW* that it's me and my skin chemistry's fault, not the perfume blend. I really love this scent in the vial, it's fun and pretty and I hope I can figure out a way to where this.

Edit: I just remembered I have some of that oil, CPS, I'll give that a go and see what happens.

Edited by Honeybee

• 1 month later...

Review on Love Potion’s “Passion in Pink”

Pheromone ingredients: Contains the “heart and soul” pheromone blend, which has ingredients of estratetraenol, beta androstenol, alpha androstenol, androsterone, epi-androsterone. Note: no copulins.

Price: Good value at $29.95 for a 10mL bottle.

Presentation: Such a cute little puppy on the front! Very pink and girly. I got the roll-on bottle and as always it was filled right to the top, and no leaks so far. Can’t complain about that :)

Smell: Wow. Just wow. I can’t describe how much I love this. I know I’ve written about loving fragrances before, but this and Jungle Colada are definitely my two favourites out of all the fragrances I have tried so far. I would buy this just for the smell.

My first impression of the smell was that it was not nearly as sickly sweet as I was expecting. It smelt like real sugar, burnt sugar. I sometimes literally expect sugar granules to roll out onto my arm when I roll this on, it smells like there is just thick, sugary syrup with crunchy sugar granules in this bottle. On me it smells like cake or something delicious and sweet, with just a fiery, peppery tease underneath it all that adds so much depth to it. I’m reminded of Pink Sugar Sensual – not the usual Pink Sugar everyone is probably familiar with, but its more “mature” partner, that for some reason is not nearly as popular. In any case it is so much richer than either of the Pink Sugars, perhaps due to it being in a concentrated oil.

The pink, sweetish element dries down on me a fair bit, and I am left with a sweet, spicy smell. Two people now, in different settings with different groups, neither of whom knew I was wearing anything, have commented that they can smell curry while they were near me wearing this, and I don’t recall that ever happening before, so I am convinced it is not just coincidence. I have yet to decide if smelling like curry is a good thing or not! Certainly I love the smell of PiP, despite the fact that I hate curry – something about this sweet spiciness is just sooo good. In neither case did the person seem to trace the scent back to me. The guy who commented in the office today seemed to say it like it was a good thing, as in “what delicious food is that?”, and C1 commented that the smell made him hungry.

What do you guys think of the smell of curry (even if you don’t like curry itself)? Love it, hate it?

Results:

I’ve worn this out in a few different settings now and I have definitely noticed an effect. Nothing I have experienced has been really extraordinary, but enough “possible coincidences” have occurred while wearing this that I am reasonably sure the effects are pheromone related.

To me this product creates a very cosy, chatty, opening up vibe, and has the effect of “slowing down” people – I’m not sure if that makes sense, so I’ll explain in more detail.

I wore it to a party at a club (not a nightclub, just one of those places with restaurants and a dance floor etc) with mostly people I didn’t know, along with two sprays of Glace (am I allowed to mention products from other companies here?). Glace supposedly increases chattiness, so I mention this as it may have had an effect on these results, not just the PiP alone. One guy, in his sixties (so a good four decades older than me), ended up spending nearly two hours telling me his life story. He didn’t seem to be showing any sexual interest in me thank goodness, but seemed to really want to talk about some deeply personal stuff. He went into great detail about his years on the police force and the horrible things he had witnessed – including describing to me in more detail than I wanted about one particularly mutilated body he had found, ugh, I won’t even get into the description here. He told me how hard it was to tell the daughter of a man who had been murdered that her father was dead, and all the guilt he felt, even though it wasn’t his fault. He said he thought he had post traumatic stress disorder, and sometimes woke up screaming from nightmares. And then said he had trouble talking to people about this stuff! And all this while at a party, trying to almost yell to be heard over the loud music!

I have no idea if this kind of behaviour was normal from him or not, but he didn’t seem to talk to anyone else all night – when he wasn’t talking to me he was just sitting by himself. So certainly something about me seemed to invite him to open up to me.

Today I wore PiP to work and C1 (who those from PheroTruth will be familiar with as my co-worker crush who has “friend zoned” me, and has no idea how I feel...) was unusually nice to me. There was a different vibe about our conversation. We were catching up after circumstances had seen us apart for almost two weeks, which is a long time when you are used to seeing someone every day, so that may have played a role – again his behaviour could be due to other factors, I cannot conclusively say it was the pheromones, but I do suspect it was. I had lots of news, although a good deal of it was on some rather unhappy goings-on in my life at the moment that I would rather not get into here. He is usually pretty awkward having these deeper conversations, but he seemed much more comfortable this time. The conversation just kind of flowed, and even though it was me doing the opening up, he had some pretty nice things to say as well. And he seemed to have all the time in the world for me, in fact we both ended up late because we lost track of time. Normally he is looking for a way out quickly as soon as the conversation gets a bit heavy.

I am parting ways soon with a young child I have been taking care of (long story!) and I expressed my concern for her. He said “I’m sure she’ll find another guardian angel to care for her”. That is a REALLY out of character thing for him to say – in fact so much so that I took it as a joke and began to run with it, only to have him look a little hurt and explain that he had actually meant it. I am so used to him joking around and everything having a punch line to it, that I almost didn’t recognise him being serious! I had to explain this to him to clear the air. Another nice thing he said was “you’ll make a great mother someday”. Again I was looking for a punch line, usually it is all insults from him, though they are jovial of course and I give as good as I get. But he seemed genuine.

Other times I have worn this around others the mood has always been relaxed, gentle and comfortable. I had a beautiful day with a close friend wearing this, sitting in a winery garden under a gazebo, feeling the dappled sunlight, sipping white wine and eating cheese and crackers and watching the birds... hours went by as we just enjoyed these simple things.

As far as self-effects go, I have definitely noticed this influencing my mood. Too much and I get quite down and depressed. The right amount makes me feel relaxed and calm. There is apparently alpha androstenol in this, but I don’t feel the effect of it in the way I have in other products. The main danger from this product for me is that it has the effect of “slowing me down”, sometimes to the point of lethargy or depression. I have to be careful not to put on too much.

One final note – I converted some of this into spray form today. I am convinced it made the scent spread further, although it was weaker. The guy commenting on the curry smell was a good four or five metres away.

In conclusion – I just love, love this one. Mara, if ever you are going to stop making this, please let me know in advance so I can stock up on a couple of bottles. I am dead serious. I simply adore this and would hate to run out and be unable to get more!

I just love, love this one. Mara, if ever you are going to stop making this, please let me know in advance so I can stock up on a couple of bottles. I am dead serious. I simply adore this and would hate to run out and be unable to get more!

Great writeup Synergist, thanks!

Ummm, I'm afraid to tell you this, but almost EVERYTHING we make is a limited edition. Our norm is to brew something once, in one giant bottle, and sell it until it is gone. Even if we do rebrew something due to popular demand, it's never *exactly* the same because everything is handcrafted. So, those in the know, when they find something they love, they HOARD it so they have a solid supply to rely on. But truly, you will also learn if you continue on your journey with us, that you will find many that you feel this way about. There's at least 10 scents released every month, and having new ones that you fall in love with helps soften the blow of losing older ones that go away.

There's at least 10 scents released every month, and having new ones that you fall in love with helps soften the blow of losing older ones that go away.

This hasn't quite softened the blow of not having enough Glistening Buttons to slather myself in each and every day :P But it does distract me a bit each month! Haha :]

@Synergist- In regards to PIP/H&S smelling like curry, I have to agree. I was wearing it for about a week and at some point I would get a whiff of curry and wonder where it was coming from until I realized it was Passion in Pink. I love curry, but I don't want to walk around smelling like lunch so I just mix it with Treasue of Pearl and the curry scent never blooms.

So maybe if you mix it with something else, others won't comment on smelling curry.

I dont really care for rose blends..BUT after testing this out for the second time,first time I tested it I had a head cold.. now I cannot stop sniffing it..ohh my mmmm..its like caramal covered roses with hints of spice..now I wish I got a bottle with my recent order.

Hmm... so the consensus seems to be, smelling like curry is NOT a good thing lol... well who'd have thought it :P

What is it about Treasure of Pearl that hides that part of the scent? I'll experiment with a few others but I don't have Treasure of Pearl, any suggestions?

@Synergist- In regards to PIP/H&S smelling like curry, I have to agree

Do you mean you get this just from straight Heart & Soul too?? I thought it must have been due to the peppery-ness of Passion in Pink. Could it be one of the pheromones instead?

Ok I have an update on the "curry" smell - I wore this again and a THIRD person who had no connection to anyone else and again in a different setting walked into the room I was in and immediately said, "is someone having curry??" I had to fess up then and say I thought it was my perfume. I had her and a guy with her smell my wrist and they definitely said the "curry" smell was coming from the "perfume". But when I asked them if that was a bad thing they were both adamant that they did like the smell - they said it was delicious, like food, made them hungry - unusual, but very good! My feeling is that maybe the smell of curry is not that great, but this just smells similar enough to curry that it gets mistaken for it, but it is still good in a way that actual curry is not.

Also just wanted to mention this was with an alcohol spray I mixed myself with 1/3 perfume oil and 2/3 alcohol, which clearly has an amazing level of diffusion from even one spray. I think the curry note really comes out in this ratio, and I know different ratios bring out different notes, so I am thinking of altering the ratio to try to mellow out the curry a little. Does anyone have any thoughts on whether I should add more perfume oil or more alcohol to achieve this? I am leaning towards more perfume oil as I think the curry smell was weaker in the original oil version?