SUGARED LAYERABLES - THE LABELS

Heh, I have a feeling if I layered Coffee, Bacon and Kush my man would never let me leave the bedroom...;)

This cracked me up!! Thank you for your nice words about my family also. I'm so far from that pic of me right now! It cheers me up though :)

Okay, now that my technological gag is off, (my tablet cord arrrived!), I can finally say, WOW! We are one big bunch of beautiful people! Holy smokes, these labels are just gorgeous, and so fun! It's been so neat checking all of them out, getting to see all of you, your pets, your kids... Mara, these are amazing. Thanks so much for letting us become "LP Immortal". :D

You're welcome. It is a pretty long process. Depending in how much he is making it takes 4 to 8 hours!

But I know...most people just think it's smoking a joint or something.

Smoking is bad for you...eat a brownie ^_^ J/K

I've been looking into cancer treatment alternatives for years and am familiar with Phoenix tears...and Gerson and Bezynski and...too many rabbit trails to name, but many valid alternatives to the cutting, poisoning and burning that allopathic medicine has to offer. Should it ever be legal to grow where I live, you can bet I'll be exploring the oil myself but nutrition and intestinal health is a great place to start while I'm waiting :)

EGGERS!!!!! So glad to see you back!

I know!!! I was searching for you for awhile but then you would pop up occasionally so I figured you were busy gardening...

Welcome back eggers!!

Thank you! :)

@ MDC - yes! Busy gardening! At this point, a lot of harvesting, and planning (daydreaming!) about next year's garden! ;)

John just had me laughing my butt off...he loves these simple layerables, he's all excited saying "Make sure everyone knows that for a mere $1,500 they can have the entire set! No really! It's what every woman needs, their own boudoir apothecary!" :lol:

:potions25::hellokitty1: ,

John just had me laughing my butt off...he loves these simple layerables, he's all excited saying "Make sure everyone knows that for a mere $1,500 they can have the entire set! No really! It's what every woman needs, their own boudoir apothecary!" :lol:

I will join you in said butt laughing off of.

"It's what every woman needs, their own boudoir apothecary!" :lol:

Hey, it's a legit selling point!

Okay - so I am going to go around the country doing home living space additions now - back porches, pergolas/gazebos and and walk-in closets with built-in back-lit shelves just for LP bottles. Maybe a built in dresser with mirror, a small divan perhaps ... :D

Edited by quietguy

Can we order a sugared black pepper yet? Maybe a brown sugar black pepper?

Ok, I will add Sugared Black Pepper, just for you! :) Yes, order it and I will make it.

ETA: By the way, I just checked, and I do not seem to have any more pink peppercorn. Must have used it all up. But I do have lots of black, white and green, so no worries re your request, but for the other suggestions on pink peppercorn, cannot do that right now, will have to order more.

boudoir apothecary <<< I think this is a great name for a shop or something, isn't it?

Or maybe the part of the shop that sells scents as opposed to the part that sells handmade jewelry.

Why? Do you know anybody opening a shop selling scents?

You *know* if I had it kickin' around in my back pocket...

I laughed my butt off too and then I realized I seriously am working toward this. :say19: John needs to work on the infomercial !

LOL!!! Already thought of that too! I wish! I can see myself making major plans and having to spend even more major money to buy some sort of beautiful display for the bedroom so that I could showcase them properly!

Haha - I would be happy to mine organized in a way low key enough so that I do not irk Mrs. QG!

Ok, I will add Sugared Black Pepper, just for you! :) Yes, order it and I will make it.

ETA: By the way, I just checked, and I do not seem to have any more pink peppercorn. Must have used it all up. But I do have lots of black, white and green, so no worries re your request, but for the other suggestions on pink peppercorn, cannot do that right now, will have to order more.

I'll put in my order now! Thanks Mara!!!!

Will there be a basil?

I can do almost anything people want. I do have the ingredients to make a Sug Basil - if you would like it, order it, and I shall make it for you! :)

BTW - Sweet Dill is another note that is quite beautiful if you like herbals. Tarragon is lovely too.

Honestly, I do not see a point in doing things where no blending is involved. I mean, I could blend a bunch of different brown sugars or pink sugars together, but while these Layerables are relatively simple creations, they still have an average of 8-12 ingredients each. I'm trying to present it as a single note, combining many to make a perfect specimen, but a truly single note you can buy lots of places online for less money. Does that make sense? Would you gals still want me to make just brown and pinks available on their own?

Wouldn't that be NOCO brown sugar?

the "black pepper" question reminded me of something I had wanted to ask. Do you have a way to make a sugared "black spices". I love scents that have that note in them. Like the black spices in Evil in Carnation or in Carbon Black (at least the musk in that smells like it has a touch of spice. :)

or is that in the Black Sugar already?

Edited by StacyK

I can do almost anything people want. I do have the ingredients to make a Sug Basil - if you would like it, order it, and I shall make it for you! :)

BTW - Sweet Dill is another note that is quite beautiful if you like herbals. Tarragon is lovely too.

Do you have Rosemary?? That is one of my favorite scents in the world but I've never seen it as a perfume oil. I'd feel so guilty to order it though when you're making a bazillion of these already but it'd be nice to know for the future, maybe for a PE ^_^

the "black pepper" question reminded me of something I had wanted to ask. Do you have a way to make a sugared "black spices". I love scents that have that note in them. Like the black spices in Evil in Carnation or in Carbon Black (at least the musk in that smells like it has a touch of spice. :)

or is that in the Black Sugar already?

It's SPICY Brown Sugar in that case, and is comprised of several brown sugars, cinnamon and amber.

Black spices?? I'm not sure what you mean by that. Evil in Carnation - it's the carnation itself, it has a black pepper quality to it naturally. Carbon black has no spices in it. I do not have anything called "Black Sugar". Maybe you like the dark Indian attars? They are sandalwood based and incensey - perhaps you are reading the smokiness as spice?

Do you have Rosemary?? That is one of my favorite scents in the world but I've never seen it as a perfume oil. I'd feel so guilty to order it though when you're making a bazillion of these already but it'd be nice to know for the future, maybe for a PE ^_^

Oh, yes, I have Rosemary .Rosemary in it's natural state actually smells nothing like the essential oil, which is almost all camphor with a hint of green. I only have it in EO form, which makes it very fragile and burns off quickly. The primary quality of it is the camphor, which dissipates in the air very fast. It's good for medicinal and magickal properties, but does not make for a very hearty perfume note, I'm afraid.

Oh, yes, I have Rosemary .Rosemary in it's natural state actually smells nothing like the essential oil, which is almost all camphor with a hint of green. I only have it in EO form, which makes it very fragile and burns off quickly. The primary quality of it is the camphor, which dissipates in the air very fast. It's good for medicinal and magickal properties, but does not make for a very hearty perfume note, I'm afraid.

Awww darn! Thank you for explaining that for me though, I had no idea the essential oil is so different from the plant! Though I probably should have guessed it, I'm pretty sure rosemary oil is one of the ingredients in the baby version of Vicks vapor rub. I always wondered why I couldn't really tell it was in there!

d'oh, that's right :P

Oh, I'd love some Sugared Tarragon! I will add it to my next order!

Also what does the Sugared Black Tea smell like? Is it close to that lovely strong bitter black tea note that you used in my Inna's Gadda Da Vita PE or is it softer like for example in 221b? Asking because I'm just curious, as I am pretty sure I will hoard it either way.

It's SPICY Brown Sugar in that case, and is comprised of several brown sugars, cinnamon and amber.

Black spices?? I'm not sure what you mean by that. Evil in Carnation - it's the carnation itself, it has a black pepper quality to it naturally. Carbon black has no spices in it. I do not have anything called "Black Sugar". Maybe you like the dark Indian attars? They are sandalwood based and incensey - perhaps you are reading the smokiness as spice?

In the description for Evil IC it lists "Black Spices" so I thought it meant something spicy black was added to make that zippy dark spice vibe I get from it.

Oops, I was referring to the Sugared Black Musk, didn't mean black sugar. :)

I thought there was was a light touch of a gentle spicy "something" in Carbon Black. It must be the Attars. I just love that!

white sugar

I think Pure Sugar is supposed to be the closest to this?

In the description for Evil IC it lists "Black Spices" so I thought it meant something spicy black was added to make that zippy dark spice vibe I get from it.

It's difficult to know exactly what Danna meant by that.

Pure sugar is a mixture of all the main sugar varieties - white, pink, brown, caramelized and powdered.

They are better together than on their own - the combo gives the whole more body and lasting power.

Danna may have added more black pepper to amp what was natural in the carnation, I do not know at this point.

I personally would love a powdered or white sugar. Brown doesn't work for me, generally so a single would be great.

Have you tried Pure Sugar? If so, what about it does not work for you?

Oh, I'd love some Sugared Tarragon! I will add it to my next order!

Also what does the Sugared Black Tea smell like? Is it close to that lovely strong bitter black tea note that you used in my Inna's Gadda Da Vita PE or is it softer like for example in 221b? Asking because I'm just curious, as I am pretty sure I will hoard it either way.

I believe I used an herbal tea in 221b. And maybe a little more exotic black tea in your PE. The Black Tea I am using as the centerpiece for this line smells pretty much just like English Black Tea. Slightly bitter until sugared, but clear, stimulating and airy. It's hard to describe...I use black tea notes to create - space - between other notes, it lends a feeling of airiness in my opinion.

ETA: Looked it up, for 221B I did use the Black Tea I am using in this one, but I also blended it with White Tea so it'll be a little different.