Finally making an introduction thread

MeriendaTime

Hello everyone!

I made this account a few years back and wasn't very active on it. Mostly lurked. :smiley-scared004: I was interested in LPMP because of the reports you lovely ladies posted about the smell of cops being difficult to detect in occo. Despite the raves, I still thought that was impossible and didn't want to waste my money and went on to purchase UNscented pheros.

I finally gave in a few months ago and snagged some OCCOS and was blown away. Maybe I have a bad nose but I could not detect cops after the dry down!!

Anyhow, I started another thread and people were very kind and helpful and I decided that I'm going to try being more active. I really like the community and the whole vibe this place gives. Even though I registered two years ago I'm still very new and inexperienced with pheros. I'm just barely delving into the scents because although I love perfume, I'm the type of person who likes a signature scent. So I usually find something I like and stick with it for some months or years. So although the scents sound simply amazing, they're constantly changing and I feel like I'll fel so bummed out when something I fell in love with will be discontinued.

I look forward to reading your posts and learning things from all of you. :blow-kiss:

Edited by MeriendaTime

Welcome sweetie! Glad you decided to be more active! Looking forward to hearing more from you!

And no, your nose isn't bad....Mara is a genius when it comes to the scents of the OCCO line.....the cops aren't detectable when dry......you should try the LAM/BAM line.....even though the scents are very light, they still cover the cops perfectly. Genius!!!

Enjoy your time here!!!

If you want something that is permanent, there are some.....LP #9, LP Original, Red, Black, Pink, Passion and Desire, PheroGirl, and Sugared Honeycomb......oh, and most of the OCCO line, and LAM/BAM scents (of course, that doesn't include any of the limited edition OCCO scents that Mara creates).....

Edited by Dolly

Welcome MeriendaTime! I hear you, I walked into this place almost three years ago and am still finding my way with pheros. I was terrified to try anything with cops at first because I thought I'd have creeps groping me left and right but what I found out was that cops actually have mood-boosting self-effects on me (!).

Welcome to the forum and I'm glad that you will try to become more active. I discovered pheros and LPMP 2 years ago. It has been fun.

If you have some oils which don't work with your skin chemistry, you can always turn to the trade post to sell or exchange with other members.

It is a bummer that when you discover something which you like but it's gone. You might get over this as there are at least 10 new scents each month which you should be able to find one that works. Of course, you will soon us in stalking the NR thread( if you haven't already) and plotting your next order when you have just put in one!!!

Welcome!! I was a lurker too, for awhile. Glad you're coming out to play - this is a great community!

I understand about not wanting to get hooked on something that's limited - but like Dolly said, you gotta at least try some of the permanent scents! Get a few samples.. Mara is just amazing, I know you'll love them!

Glad to have you posting! I understand that feeling of not wanting a 'favorite scent' to go out. I'd felt that way for a long time too...but then, I keep falling in love with something new! (Yeah, I'm a Gemini, it's in our nature!) I hope you enjoy whatever you dip into here -conversation wise and goods-wise...

Glad to have you posting! I understand that feeling of not wanting a 'favorite scent' to go out. I'd felt that way for a long time too...but then, I keep falling in love with something new! (Yeah, I'm a Gemini, it's in our nature!) I hope you enjoy whatever you dip into here -conversation wise and goods-wise...

Funny I was constantly in search of a signature scent for years when the same thing happened to me, and I'm a Cancer!

What types of scents do you like, MeriendaTime? Maybe some of your tastes would fall into the permanent LP variants (Original, Red, Black, etc.)

Hi Merienda!!

Welcome! Yeah...whenever I get worried when something runs out something even better comes out the next month! (although that Occo Ambrosia was quite a scare, of you like the description of that you may want to hurry and snag some of the rebrew! Talk about a cops miracle cover!!!!)

I was a lurker for a really long time too. Much more fun to be involved isn't it?

Welcome out of lurkdom :) ...I came here looking for a signature scent too,little did I dream I would fall in love with so so many!

Heh,I even made a topic in my journal quite awhile back, my search for a signature scent...as a joke! :001_302:

Hello hello :) I have (or had) the same feelings about a signature scent until I started sampling the LP fragrances. It's like Katz said, you're gonna fall in love over and over again. There are a lot of gorgeous scents already, and more new ones every month. What kinda scents do you like?

Thank you everyone for such a warm welcome! Really differs from other forums seems like. I'll make an intro thread and there'd be like one or zero responses.

Invidiana, Andsoitgoes - I tend to gravitate towards gourmand scents. I have a huge sweet tooth and like smelling like chocolate, vanilla, honey, amber, cinnamon, sugar, baked goods or anything edible and borderline sickeningly sweet. Occasionally Ill pick up something thats a soft floral or fruity scent but I much prefer to smell like a walking bakery. :eating-pie:

Thank you everyone for such a warm welcome! Really differs from other forums seems like. I'll make an intro thread and there'd be like one or zero responses.

Invidiana, Andsoitgoes - I tend to gravitate towards gourmand scents. I have a huge sweet tooth and like smelling like chocolate, vanilla, honey, amber, cinnamon, sugar, baked goods or anything edible and borderline sickeningly sweet. Occasionally Ill pick up something thats a soft floral or fruity scent but I much prefer to smell like a walking bakery.

Haaaaaa, you're like me! I'm a walking bakery myself too most days, though I do like certain fruits or florals here and there and have a weak spot for dark evil scents too. LP Original smells like....like an amaretto cheesecake with candied apricots and something wickedly sexy thrown in. No cheesecake accords, just something rich and cheesecakey about it which I love. Definitely gourmand. All the LP variants have a gourmand element to them, so even if an LE you love runs out, those will always be there so long as we have our lovely Mara to brew them. :)

Welcome! :)

I'm kinda like that too - with signature scents. I tend to hang on to a favorite and wear that one most for 6 months to a year, or even more. But I also like wearing things as 'special occasion' scents, like, getting into character. The scents are a part of an outfit. So I'll wear my favorite of the moment for me every day, but then I'll wear another for business meetings with my suit, another for a costume party, another for a date, another on my pillow to dream with, etc. I like to play with them as mood enhancers for myself and those I know will be in my scent cloud.

And making people smell like delicious treats that get other people salivating and wanting to eat you is somewhat of a specialty around here. :lol: You're in good company liking the edible-smelling scents. Have fun!

Hey Merienda Time! I'm a little late, but :thbf54f4bf: !!! You'll love it here, not only the scents, but the forum is addictive too!!

Can't wait to find out what will be your LP Signature scent!

Ooh! I'm late here, too! Welcome! Glad you decided to become more active here - it's great having so many different views and reviews in one place. I hope you'll have fun!

Pretty avi! ;)

Invidiana, Andsoitgoes - I tend to gravitate towards gourmand scents. I have a huge sweet tooth and like smelling like chocolate, vanilla, honey, amber, cinnamon, sugar, baked goods or anything edible and borderline sickeningly sweet. Occasionally Ill pick up something thats a soft floral or fruity scent but I much prefer to smell like a walking bakery. :eating-pie:

Ohhh yuum! Amber, cinnamon, and anything sugary are always top of my list, too!

I'm kinda like that too - with signature scents. I tend to hang on to a favorite and wear that one most for 6 months to a year, or even more. But I also like wearing things as 'special occasion' scents, like, getting into character. The scents are a part of an outfit. So I'll wear my favorite of the moment for me every day, but then I'll wear another for business meetings with my suit, another for a costume party, another for a date, another on my pillow to dream with, etc. I like to play with them as mood enhancers for myself and those I know will be in my scent cloud.

And making people smell like delicious treats that get other people salivating and wanting to eat you is somewhat of a specialty around here. :lol: You're in good company liking the edible-smelling scents. Have fun!

Oooh Mara, what is your current favourite "everyday" scent??

Hello and welcome to the forum! Like Eggers said, nice avi!

Haaaaaa, you're like me! I'm a walking bakery myself too most days, though I do like certain fruits or florals here and there and have a weak spot for dark evil scents too. LP Original smells like....like an amaretto cheesecake with candied apricots and something wickedly sexy thrown in. No cheesecake accords, just something rich and cheesecakey about it which I love. Definitely gourmand. All the LP variants have a gourmand element to them, so even if an LE you love runs out, those will always be there so long as we have our lovely Mara to brew them. :)

Oh my...amaretto cheesecake with candied apricots...that sounds like something I'd have to keep myself from licking off my skin! Ack, I wish I had thoroughly read this thread before making a second order for the month.

Now that's an idea! A scent to match the persona of a day. Now I have a reason to form an army of perfume bottles on my vanity table.

hank you everyone for such a warm welcome. :kisses:

• 2 weeks later...