Sugared Frankincense and Myrrh

whiskerswhispers

AD-SugFrankMyrrh_1.jpg

Sugared Frankincense and Myrrh

Thick Arabian Frankincense and Myrrh oils, softened with a fine powdery sugar scent. Soothes and Inspires Peacefulness & Meditation. May be worn alone or with our other Layerable scents.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In vial: sharp yet oddly berry-fruity frankincense. Doesn’t have the sugared scent of the sandalwood or amber yet. On skin: hmm, this is an odd one. Normally I adore frank ‘n myrrh scents but this one is slightly weird at first. It smells like pine needles, evergreen resins, and a hint of berries! Not what I expect but I do like it somewhat. I smell a hint of almost buttery sugar on top though, but this smells less like frankincense and more like pine resin, which I like. There’s a dark, almost burnt undertone, probably the myrrh. But this scent is resinous in a totally different way to what I expected…but then after 10 or 15 mins, the scent dramatically changes for the better-the sugar is now apparent and it’s lying on top of the most gorgeous smoky resin-incense scent. this does smell like a couple of new age shops I know but I don’t mind that at all-I love that particular incense they burn that smells like what I have here (only here it’s much sweeter) and I’ve been looking all over for a scent like the loose incense they burn in those shops, the smouldering and smoke, and even a hint of candle smoke as well. This has turned from ‘huh?’ to OMG MUST HAVE MORE!’!

• 4 months later...

(Copied from the wrong place)

This is the first absolutely true church incense scent I ever found. It is spot on. The Frankincense and Myrrh (they deserve capital letters) are the showstoppers. It's a little sweet,but the incense. Wow. I am getting a bottle soon judging by my behavior with the sample!

• 2 weeks later...

This scent is very intriguing. It morphs from the highly unusual to a very sweet, yet smoky, incensey scent. Even if you are not normally a fan of "typical" frankincense & myrrh scents, you should try it. It is anything but typical.....I think I need some more of this!

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Wow, this stuff rocks. With frankincense & myrrh I always have that slight fear of church incense, but there's nothing Sunday Mass about this (being naughty while you're supposed to be at Sunday Mass however...different story :D ) This is just a smooth and utterly nommy blend of thick, rich, syrupy resins with dense brown sugar. If I didn't know what frankincense and myrrh were and smelled this randomly, I would seriously have guessed they were edible.

Such an amazing blend!! I have a bottle boosted with something (can't remember!!) and one of just scent, and I love them!!

Hey Miss Goddess, aren't you busy getting ready for and LP PARTY!?!

• 1 year later...

Mmm! How is this not getting more love? It's fantastic!

It's sweet yet incensey, it's simple yet layered, it's light yet deep... it's a paradox in a bottle, and I want to bathe in it.

I know these sugared scents are intended as layering notes, but this one more than stands up on its own. I think I'm in love.

I didn't get any of the smoky or incensey scent. What I got was mainly a powdery sugar, quite similar to Pure Sugar but just more complex. It should hold as a scent on its own and I can see that this will go well with many of the UN pheros.

This one has been on my list, but I hesitate.... Is it smiliar in scent at all to OCCO white? It's between sugared F and M or Sugared patchouli...Can't decide.

Edited by Raq On

This one has been on my list, but I hesitate.... Is it smiliar in scent at all to OCCO white? It's between sugared F and M or Sugared patchouli...Can't decide.

Haven't tried Sugared Patchouli.....but have OCCO White and WANT a bottle of Sugared F & M......the two are really not alike. White is Vanilla, and lots of it.....Sugared F & M is sugar and resins......incensey and smokey, but not heavy at all....very nice.....

Definitely not the same. OCCO White is as Dolly said, vanilla, yummy vanilla. Sugared F&M .... I got a slight smokey scent about 2 hours after application. But it turned out rather sugary on my skin most of the time. I might want some just to cure my addiction. I've no idea how Sugared Patchouli smells like.

Duh! what a dumbass! I meant "Is it similar to OCCO BLACK?" Sorry

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I would have preferred if this was a little sharper like real frankincense, but I like it nonetheless! It reminds me of a slightly more masculine version of Sugared Amber. SA is warmer, more sticky in scent, while SF&M is just a shade more bitter and clean smelling. It wears close to the skin, so it would be great for people who want to have a little bit of a scent without drowning everyone around them. It's quite subtle, really, and I don't think it would work on me as a single scent.

I tried it layered with Honeyed Sin, and it's freaking amazing.

Mr. Goddess commandeered this and it's so nice to smell it on him. It's a little sweet for a man, but it's still yummy!! I'm hoping to make him a custom sugared for his bday in June, with Frank & Myrrh and another secret ingredient to be similar to a scent he used to make for himself using ingredients purchased on the boardwalk in Venice. He even had a name for it!! All will be revealed...

• 2 weeks later...

I am obcessed with this one! I have been ever since I got my first sample.

It has a very strong effect on me, I have rarely experienced this with a scent. It is like it transports me back in time, in another world almost. I feel 'protected' when wearing this, like I am more in touch with my inner strength.

In a way, it is like this perfume acts as a phero blend on me!

• 1 year later...

F&M is pretty sheer and powdery. It can handle any of the socials and blends that are relatively copulin light. Imagine what kind of mood you'd be trying to set when you wear this and pick a corresponding phero. The perfume is calming and soothing, meditative.

• 10 months later...

This is wonderful! It's light and soft and was constantly wafting up from inside my jacket the whole time we were running our errands. It is sweet without being actually foodie and I love how light it wears. It seems like my skin was meant to wear this scent. All I can say is: WOW.

NuTrix -- Myrrh is gorgeous beyond reason but Frankincense sometimes reminds me of church incense.

Does this one preach? I'm so afraid to try it for fear of smelling pious.

NuTrix -- Myrrh is gorgeous beyond reason but Frankincense sometimes reminds me of church incense.

Does this one preach? I'm so afraid to try it for fear of smelling pious.

:lol: I'm not sure I can help. I wasn't raised in the church and have never attended one that burned incense. I had always had an affinity for, and used, the little rock like crystals of frankincense and myrrh over little round coals in my incense burner. I have been unscarred in that area of my upbringing :Emoticons04263:

This perfume, however, is much softer and smoother and not as intense as that. It isn't overpowering and really melded well with my chemistry. My husband was raised Catholic though and hasn't mentioned that it smelled reminiscent to anything he grew up with if that is helpful? Perhaps you should try it for my sake...I certainly wouldn't want to smell pious - that would be false advertising! :D

I poured my sample of sugared F&M into 5mls of Sugared Amber. I think it works well to give just a hint. I would love just Myrrh. I agree with you Ducky that the Frankincense smells more like incense. Don't get me wrong I have it as incense...I think the smell of Myrrh on its own does not register as incense to my nose. But having the S F&M "watered down" with the SA makes a great under layer to deepen scents.

This scent is absolutely gorgeous.

I expected this would be dark and strongly smell of incense.

I don't get incensy or church though. I get the best aspect of these resins and they are rich and warm. I don't like ashy smells so I was surprised how ripe and chewy the resins smell.

The glittering sugared finish adds a softness and a touch more brightness. It compliments the Frank & Myrrh.

A very grown up and classic scent. Also, very layerable.

Edited by StacyK

It's taken me over a year to finally get to this one and, as a perfume, I'm not sure I would have appreciated it the same back then when my nose was just beginning to learn what these hand crafted artisan treasures are, Now, I'm VERY happy to see this one is permanent because it's going to be a favorite :girlHeart-5:

• 1 month later...

So I don't recall what possessed me, but I slathered this on and then layered Poudre de Bourdons over it and HOLYWOW! did this work ridiculously wonderfully! I absolutely loved and must try again to see if it was a chemistry fluke that day - I hope not! The sugared resiny base under the sweet powdered but slightly bright honeyed goodness and I just melt at the memory...I was huffing myself the whole day!

So I don't recall what possessed me, but I slathered this on and then layered Poudre de Bourdons over it and HOLYWOW! did this work ridiculously wonderfully! I absolutely loved and must try again to see if it was a chemistry fluke that day - I hope not! The sugared resiny base under the sweet powdered but slightly bright honeyed goodness and I just melt at the memory...I was huffing myself the whole day!

Oooo, that sounds good!

I've just received a sample of Sugared F & M, so I can try that out!

Oooo, that sounds good!

I've just received a sample of Sugared F & M, so I can try that out!

Please do! I would love to know if it's just me but I really, REALLY, was surprised by how lovely these complimented each other!

Heavy resins don't always seem to like me, but this is incredible on me. It's incensey and smokey but in very light way….almost "resins for dummies" for me. I layer this with so many things and wear alone. Its a comforting scent for me and adds such an interest when layered.

I have used so much of this in last few months, I will need a second bottle soon.

Edited by seajammarket