Love Potion: Pink

Just writing to tell you all of my fondness for Love Potion Pink!

I just recieved it and I honestly cant put it down.

The sweet smells seem to change throughout the day, starting with a warm sugary smell to more of a mild amber/patchuli.

Absolutely delicious!

Haha, and it honestly lives up to the name.

My boyfriend wont leave me alone! :blink:

-Persephone

I absolutely agree with you, Persephone! Love Potion Pink was the very first thing I purchased from this site, and even if it doesn't work on my Intended (but it seems to be, honestly), I made me fall in love with ME!

The scent is heady and intoxicating, and it does seem to change throughout the day. I can't be anything but happy when I wear it!

The sweet smells seem to change throughout the day, starting with a warm sugary smell to more of a mild amber/patchuli.

Absolutely delicious!

My boyfriend wont leave me alone! :blink:

-Persephone

Hey Persephone & Stkatz--

I'm a PINK person too! It's also one of the first things I ordered. And I agree, I don't care if anyone else likes it, it makes me love me! I even put it on before I go to bed so I can fall asleep smelling it. :lol:

Trish (Starrgirl2)

• 2 weeks later...

This is stunning!! In the vial it's almost boozy with hints of sweetness. Once it hits the skin the sugars come to the forefront and there's a lovely, incensey-resiny thing going on which keeps it from being overly girlish.

Great throw and lasts all day and as time wears on a lovely marshmallow makes it's way through.

Beautifully done! I'm definitely going to have to stock up on this! :) It's also joined the ranks of a small handful of oils that prompt a "Mmm!!! You smell YUMMY!" from Hubby without my having to first ask him what he thinks. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I love this one so much! It is very sugary and sweet overall, with a slight fruitiness in the background. My husband loves it, which means it probably smells foody to him. :P

Overall, it sounds just like its name! Very pink and sweet and girly!

• 2 weeks later...

When I first tried this, I wasn't that impressed--However, if I wasn't impressed, why was my wrist glued to my face? And why did I go out of my way to keep trying it?

It's sweet, sugary, creamy, spicy and fruity but not cloying or overwhelming in the least. I love it--it lasts and lasts, and settles into a warm sweet scent that I could bathe in.

In fact, I was so unimpressed that I got a bottle.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A very pretty cotton candy like, buttery, vanilla,marshmallow scent. There's is something else there underneath which is probably a very light delicate amber. This smells like an old victorian blend. The notes are very pretty and sweet yet not cloying. This is sexy in a sweet way but doesn't have a lot of throw.

This is what I had hoped Love Potion White would be.

I really do like this alot and would have to wear it more to consider purchasing a bigger bottle. If I don't get a bottle I would keep a sample on hand.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Absolutely delicious!

My boyfriend wont leave me alone! :(

-Persephone

Second special fave! First me loves original. Then, pink! It's not innocent, at ALL, it's dead sexy!

And, this one definitely gets noticed. I get compliments from strangers (women as well as men) when wearing LP Pink.

Yes! I don't find it girly. I find it "Walk into my parlor," said the Spider. It's a man magnet!

Absolutely delicious!

My boyfriend wont leave me alone! :P

-Persephone

Well, I just now ordered it with Super Sexy additive.

This is quite the lovely scent. At first I wasn't sure I was going to like it because upon initial application it seemed too sweet, but luckily after a few minutes it mellows out. I get mostly notes of a slighly warm, sugary vanilla. I keep going back to sniff my wrists!

This is a very feminine and fun combo. Smells like pink sugar plus butter and vanilla. This makes a nice blend with patchuli. Not too new agey. Only a tad, faint incense in the background. I like it, I found it's magical properties to work too.

This is a very feminine and fun combo. Smells like pink sugar plus butter and vanilla. This makes a nice blend with patchuli. Not too new agey. Only a tad, faint incense in the background. I like it, I found it's magical properties to work too.

Uh-huh-- people go glassy-eyed over me, when I wear this. EVEN if I'm wearing scrubs and no make-up.

Second special fave! First me loves original. Then, pink! It's not innocent, at ALL, it's dead sexy!

On me, first, I get patch. I don't care much for patch, but it doesn't last. After a little while, it goes to that incomperable, buttery vanilla, with a light layer of strawberry. If I'd known that it contained strawberry, I might have been afraid of it. Most strawberry perfumes smell like those plastic scented dolls. Or, like cheap candy.

This smells like luscious strawberry, vanilla cream. It's ALL I can do not to pour it over ice cream, or something. It's JUST sweet enough,,,,not too. Dead sexy. NOT innocent. Neck-sniffing. YUM! NOT girly.l at least on me. Believe me, I could never get away with girly.

I have two bottles, one with SS, in addition to its PG pheros. LOVE the stuff!

Received sample of "LP Pink", everyone raves about and needed to find out for myself. Yep ! it's winner !

Received sample of "LP Pink", everyone raves about and needed to find out for myself. Yep ! it's winner !

Think this one smells nice, but seems like no matter how much I put on, it goes unnoticed. The scent is just too light, although it is very nice. My hubby said he couldn't smell it, and I layered it with Super Sexy as well. I had it in my hair, on my neck, wrist, etc.

Think this one smells nice, but seems like no matter how much I put on, it goes unnoticed. The scent is just too light, although it is very nice. My hubby said he couldn't smell it, and I layered it with Super Sexy as well. I had it in my hair, on my neck, wrist, etc.

Almost everyone has particular scents that their skin "eats"......guess this is one of yours.....it's a shame when that happens, isn't it?

I guess so. It smells so sweet and sexy, but yeah, skin devours it too much. Drats!

I'm so sorry the LP Pink didn't work for you! It is one of my personal favorites for daytime "fun" wear, so sweet and innocent in appearance :)

We really should do an organized testing of D5, layering it with those scents our skin devours, and post feedback. I'm interested in seeing such results. And, I will be rejoicing so loudly about positive results! I devour almost every scent!

I'm so sorry the LP Pink didn't work for you! It is one of my personal favorites for daytime "fun" wear, so sweet and innocent in appearance :)

We really should do an organized testing of D5, layering it with those scents our skin devours, and post feedback. I'm interested in seeing such results. And, I will be rejoicing so loudly about positive results! I devour almost every scent!

I wish my skin just "ate" LP Pink. But it does horrible barbaric things to it instead... :)

May

I wish my skin just "ate" LP Pink. But it does horrible barbaric things to it instead... :)

May

I think you said that your skin has a problem with a couple of the different LP varieties (like Autumn).....I have not yet tried pink or green......my skin chemistry did not do well with white......

Ok testimony time...

Not only do I like the smell, I think me landed me a good one. :) .

I have to admit, I cheated and use a concotion of pheros I made up with this perfume. That evening in 15 minutes I got hit after hits, wearing a turtleneck in a club!

When I left, this somewhat cute stranger walked next to me and I was being friendly and chatty. I asked if he had friends in the area and offered to be a friend. He left wanting my email. Ok, good sign, he knows how to write. He who knows how to write, likes communicating. YES!

I didn't think much of it and had been on the ins and outs with this other. So I kind of forgot about this gentleman. Needless to say, that one dwindled again. So I decided to continue talking to this new one.

Well I met up with him again, gee he was a hunk. What was I not thinking? He was so funny too. And get this he's a man in uniform. One he was a commanding officer for the army and second he was a programmer, a techie like me. I never thought I would meet a smart, alpha, gentleman!

Wowza, just what I've been looking for. I always get 1 out of 3, but here it is three out of three. The reason I think i was the LP pink is because I was reading Mara's story how her friend wore one of the first LPs and met the guy she married. Er..... things are hinting....

Anyways, LP's and phero combos are really fun.

I think you said that your skin has a problem with a couple of the different LP varieties (like Autumn).....I have not yet tried pink or green......my skin chemistry did not do well with white......

Green is ok with me Dolly as are Black and Red. Pink and Autumn Eq - not good. I haven't tried White. But you were ok with LP EQ weren't you? If so, I think you might be ok with Pink as AE and Pink both morph into the same kind of odour on me. So I think it might be something they have in common.

May

• 3 months later...

I had a sample of this awhile back. I have reviewed it here. But while trolling the boards,I remembered something. My fiance said when I was wearing this I smelled like "jelly belly jelly beans gone crazy" This scent is very playful and whimsical.

I had a sample of this awhile back. I have reviewed it here. But while trolling the boards,I remembered something. My fiance said when I was wearing this I smelled like "jelly belly jelly beans gone crazy" This scent is very playful and whimsical.

that is too true! it's a jelly bean riot! :lightsaber1:

So I think it might be something they have in common.

I believe they all have the same base (amber-vanilla-patchouli), so then there might also be other elements in common, though I find that eventually as the topnotes dissipate I get that "classic" LP aura with all of them except for Black, which goes kind of funky in the drydown (which is why I always have to layer it with Red).

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

OMG I haven't reviewed this one yet! Well it's the LP base tweaked & with the addition of berries to give it a 'pink' feel. Oh how I love this one. I don't know how it happens, but I almost get a fig note on my skin. Hmm, maybe it's the patchouli paired with berries? Fig is eartyh. I don't care how actually, because I love that note. Then it fades away to the same base that every LP variant fades off to. Which also nice, because if I forget what I put on. At least I'll know it's one of the variants @ fade away lol.

Edited by Beccah1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I don't know what happened here. I expected to adore this one, in fact I almost ordered a full bottle unsniffed. I'm glad I got the trial vial instead, because this is doing something weird on my skin. It starts out ok, but after a few minutes it takes a weird turn. It goes to a kind of harsh, fake, detergent, bubble-gum smell. That's the best way I can describe it. Maybe the amber and patchouli in this are doing weird things on me, they have been known to be less favourable notes on me before. But I am seriously addicted to Pink Sugar and other pinky scents, and can't understand why this turned out so different on me.

I could probably get away with wearing only a little of this and then layering Pink Sugar over the top, but there wouldn't be a lot of point to that I guess. Perhaps a dilution in alcohol might change the fragrance for the better. Or maybe it's only my weird nose that thinks this is not great on me, I will have to ask a few other people what they think. I'm not ready to give up on it yet.

This was the first "pink" scent I tried and now all other pinks have a tough act to follow.

Pinks are tricky (with me at leasts) But LP pink I can definitely wear. In fact I have more coming with this month's order. I get overtones of pink and then a bit of "dirtiness" (in a good way) which is prob. the patchouli. It lends a more earthy note to the whole package so that prevents it from being too candy like on my skin. Another issues which is emerging for me is vanilla. I think I've nailed down that vanilla is the culprit for fragrances going plastic or as I call it "play doh" on me. But that doesn't happen with both LP pink and RED.

I like to wear LP pin with OCCO pink (in the sunnier weather) or with OCCO black for more spice. It's a nice light scent for me.

If you're not sure whether you an wear a pink scent, this one is good to try fist b/c of the other anchoring notes of patchouli and spice. It's not too sweet and sugary.

Edited by Raq On