Lady Frost

luna65

AD-LadyFrost-sm_.jpg

Lady Frost

Like the cold caress of the winter wind, this is a soft yet chilly scent, bright and fresh and sweet. A heart of tangy lemon is surrounded by fluffy layers of powdered sugar and white amber, cooled with the icy snap of peppermint and licorice then sweetened with a splash of vanilla. Even an Ice Queen needs to smell delectable!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
ITALIAN LEMON ICE - Energizing, uplifting. Longevity, faithfulness, fidelity, friendship. Used to attract spirits.
SUGAR CANE, WHITE SUGAR, POWDERED SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing.
WHITE AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
VANILLA BEAN ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
MARSHMALLOW ~ Fertility, happiness, creativity, increase in psychic awareness, intuition, love, protection, exorcism. Gently commanding and persuading.
LICORICE ~ Sexual potency, cleansing, wards away nightmares, protective, purification, happiness, youth, psychic powers, luck, calming, soothing, meditation. Wedding rituals.
PEPPERMINT ~ Stimulates, restores and uplifts. Cleansing, purification, relaxation, sleep, healing, psychic amplifier.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm so glad Mara succumbed to our SAD KITTEH FACES and made this one! :wub:

I love the lemon ice accord, it's so bright and refreshing, thick and syrupy, along with the other notes which emphasize that tangy cool quality, centered in fluffy sweet "snow." You can wear this all year round but winter is a good time when you need a little sunshine...the clear crystalline type, that is. ;)

I think this would be a good scent for boosting with Focus Potion or some Woozy Floozy.

I keep saying this year's Yule releases keep bringing one better than the other and this one is no exception. The lemon, licorice and mint notes are uplifting and invigorating without being sharp at all, and softened by dreamy clouds of vanillaed marshmallow and a soft musky white amber that emerges on the drydown. It's actually like White Licorice's cooler, more lemony winter cousin, and I love this one as much as I love White Licorice!

Yet again, somehow Mara makes something not intuitively sexy, SO SEXAY PIE. Last thing I expected something lemony to be. This scent instantly makes me feel confident and slinky. Begging for layering with unCougar. I think a bottle-set is necessary this month.

ETA I'm pretty afraid of lemon, so maybe worth noting for others who may feel the same -- it's clearly the main note wet, but it quickly melds with everything else, and after an hour or so, it's barely there - just a slight flavoring to a mellow, sweet, sexy, distinctive, sophisticated blend that becomes mostly about the anise and amber. mm, mm, good.

Edited by tyvey

Wow. It's very nice. Sweet, mellow and very close to LP Silver on me. Not the same, but near. I really like silver so yes I am digging this one too.

This one definitely has the same feel as LP Silver. Sort of that crystalline fruit thing with icy sugar. But this on reminds me of lemon ice, or lemon squares. Full bottle worthy for the winter....

• 2 weeks later...

I am starting to feel a little of the non-ordering remorse here... I didn't go for the sampler last month, just ordered several I HAD to try... and this wasn't one... Knew I shoulda done the whole thing! Wish I'd read the reviews for this first, would've been the tipping point on going whole hog ^_^ It sounds sooo delish, like something I would just want to have on to huff when working at home even... sigh. I *will* get some my next order!

(Heh, it looks like the sock puppet icon is reading the post and empathizing while I'm typing. Or maybe he's mocking me and my Lady Frost-lessness. Cheeky bastard.)

I wore this one again today....This is so much what I was shooting for when I created my PE 3 months ago...That lemon licorice is so much more with the addition of the mint note. I love the iceyness of the lemon. One of my all time favorites!

The scent seems to last forever--I put it on at 6:30 this morning, while it is not STRONG it is still kicking. I love this because my skin tends to eat up scent. I have not had to reapply this one!

Edited by ladybegood1

• 1 month later...

As a few ladies have mentioned, this one has the same feel as LP Silver but I think this has a greater throw due to the lemon hint. Slightly lighter, less creamy and not as sweet.

Will go well with UN Cougar, PP or OW IMO.

• 3 weeks later...

Really pretty sweet cool lemony/herbal blend. I like this on hot days, it feels refreshing.

Edited by perfumesniffer

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Ooh! A surprise, a delight! (It was a free sample.) It starts out all lemon on me; then the peppermint comes out, but not so strongly that I smell like a tube of Lip Smackers or anything. :) I feel like wishing everyone a good Yule with this on! Great for the winter party this year, I'm thinking...the family one. I have something else in mind for the after-party party with just the hubs... :P But that's a thought for another thread.

This is clear and cool but not chillingly cold...it's the sun in wintertime, reminding us that he's coming back soon. :o

Edited by WildAutumn

• 3 months later...

I ordered this one because I have some long GGG Bath and Body works peppermint foot spray that I love, and have been looking for something similar.

This is not similar, but is really lovely anyway. Strangely (meaning I'm strange, not the perfume), this seems like a summer scent rather than a winter one. Or a scent to wear to bed.

The dominant note is candy, and specifically it reminds me of Smarties, and is a little bit similar to "Last breath of summer". The mint is very light and refreshing.

I ordered this one because I have some long GGG Bath and Body works peppermint foot spray that I love, and have been looking for something similar.

Xev, remind me of this when next you put in an order. I will throw in some Zzzzap! spray for a giftie. I don't have that up for sale anymore but still have a few ounces on the shelf and you might really like it. I found that I was my own biggest customer for it so I stopped selling it, but if one likes to feel refreshed and minty, it rocks. It's a "splash" concentrate in a spray, not a perfume.

Xev, remind me of this when next you put in an order. I will throw in some Zzzzap! spray for a giftie. I don't have that up for sale anymore but still have a few ounces on the shelf and you might really like it. I found that I was my own biggest customer for it so I stopped selling it, but if one likes to feel refreshed and minty, it rocks. It's a "splash" concentrate in a spray, not a perfume.

Wow, thanks Mara! I will do that!

• 1 year later...

I'm just a little bit in love with this at the moment. It's so cool and sheer, yet deliciously sweet. The lemony note is not piercing or nasty like it sometimes goes on me, just sweet and candy like - it reminds me a little bit of a cross between Cupidity and Feelin' Groovy. I didn't think I'd enjoy the licorice note but I can't detect it at all. Drydown is also lovely, a very natural, sweet skin smell. Winner!

I had a sample of this one and I enjoyed it alot as well...I got something sweet, and slightly minty. On drydrydown I got some vanilla and lemon. Definitely something light and it worked well on me. Unfortunately doesn't stay long on my skin..

• 3 months later...

This is beautiful on skin. When wet it smelled sharp lemon, but after drydown it is nothing like that. Lemon is sweet and soft, very noticeable but not overpowering, and stays close to the skin. Lady Frost reminds me of those lemon cough drops with a tiniest hint of peppermint in a sweet cloud of vanilla and sugars. This will be one of my feel good fragrances for sure,

Not too wintery scent for me either, it feels perfectly suitable for a cold rainy summer day like today.

It is now 2 hours since I applied and the scent is still beautiful, but I'll see how it develops from here.

ETA (4 hour mark): Lemon is now gone, and what's left is mostly lovely sweet vanilla. The scent is too complex to be only vanilla, but I can't pick any specific notes. Can only say that it is beautiful.

ETA2 (6-7 hour mark): Now it smells like my Hugo Naturals vanilla-peppermint soap, very soft and slightly minty. It's difficult to describe but it's a nice cozy scent that wears close to the skin.

Conclusion on Lady Frost: Love it!

Edited by Fleur

• 1 year later...

Ooooh, this is way prettier than I first thought! It somehow gets like a "breath of fresh air" feeling when you put it on. Maybe the peppermint? Very nice. Gives it a "cool" feeling.

My mom was here and said it reminded her of creme brulee. It didn't remind me of the same, but I can kind of see where she got that from. It's just sort of sweet and refreshing. I only wish it lasted longer on me; it doesn't really last too long. Maybe a couple of hours before it starts smelling more generic.

• 4 years later...

I think the lemon has gone a bit "plasticky" with age (or maybe it's my skin chemistry), because it's a little sharp initially. The drydown, however, is to die for!! It's creamy and sweet, but not necessarily in a desserty way. There's a hint of lemon still, but it's soft and doesn't scream "citrus"; it adds depth and character to the sweet creamy ambery marshmallow. There's something about it that feels "clean" - maybe it's the peppermint and lemon? I get a hint of peppermint but no licorice at all on my skin.  I like to put this on early in the morning, so that by the time I leave the house the "plastic" lemon has dried down nicely. 

Great longevity (8 hours) and quite strong!

I love the idea of "Italian lemon ice" as an accord. Would that be more "syrupy" than other lemons? And the peppermint adds the ice? Just curious, I know it's long gone. 

I grew up in Philly so Italian ice is dear to my heart.

It did have that kind of vibe to it initially.  The bottle I have, it's not quite the same since citrus tends to decay after a time.  But the other Italian ice scent is Feelin' Groovy and that one is still pretty intense, IMO.