OK, so what are we all ordering/considering?

Dolly

I have 19 damn bottles coming. by far by biggest order. But I haven't made a big order since last Sale. I haven't bought a bottle since January!!

Go Halo!!!!!!! Well-deserved in the face of such amazing restraint!!

My creative budgeting plan to pull this off this month.... no take out food or delivery (which I've been doing a lot bc I WFH and work has been non-stop, so if I don't, then I end up not eating for most of day - eeep). So yea, LPs over food. Because there are always sales at the local co-op or healthy food stores which is healthier anyway, and will *make* me get out to do more things even when it's crazy. So win-win.

Another point for my philosophy of LPs "arent an addiction, but a committment to a healthy lifestyle". :D

BG, I'm doing something very similar this whole fall -- committing to all homecooked meals both in hopes of better nutrition and a less-stressed budget... I love your reframing of increasing the LP budget here!

So I am suddenly giving serious thought to a full bottle set for the August NRs. So many look so wonderful... and I'd be SAVING so much money when you factor in the freebies from the sale, right? RIGHT???

I had originally planned to stock up on Un pheros this month but I am finding myself wearing them less, and the rebrews all look so yummy....

ETA: OK, crunched the numbers and talked myself off that plan! Looks like NR sampler, FB of Spirit Bottle, pay for 2 GGG bottles in sale thread and take 2 freebie bottles. So very restrained. Really!

Edited by Blackcat

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was totally out of control. 11 free bottles. You do the math. I already cook all my own food because I'm vegan, make my own sodas with water kefir (saving $ on priobiotics), wash instead of dry clean, so what can I give up.

Cigarettes--really? I would go to that length?

My gym membership--I haven't been there for 3 years

I think I need the whole forum's intention here but let's say I cut out the cigarettes and replace with my new healthy addiction for perfumes. Even if I only cut out half of the smokes, that is $150 per month. I can do that. And the gym membership goes.

I will totally send some willpower and intention to quit smoking and if the perfume gives you a feeling of motivation and reward then that's great. You can focus on how much you can treat yourself if you reduce slightly, moderately, heavily, or stop entirely. For every pack you cut out you're that much closer to LPs!

I'm sure you already know this, but quitting smoking could greatly increase your enjoyment of your LPs (your sense of smell is affected by your smoking...as is your sense of taste, so if you do decide to give them up, prepare for a shock LOL!) I will certainly add my intention if you're up for it :)

So I went all out for the big sale! I finally ordered my UN LFM!!! I put it off and put it off because it's $$ (I really want it in a spray) and other "wants" kept pushing it to the back of the list. But I'm super happy to finally check it off my wishlist.

I also reordered my beloved LP O, can't live without that one! And I went directly for FBs on Soul Food, Velvet Kisses, and Pillow Stuffing. Got a couple more Spell potions, too. I wasn't terribly interested in these until recently, but Road Opener and Peaceful Home will be comin' my way. And lastly, trial vials of Body Paint and Moist.

Thanks to my post office's shenanigans, the Moist sample is a reorder, I couldn't help myself. I sat on my hands to stop myself from reordering OCCO Ambrosia just in case it turns up. I'm so nervous it will sell out before I know whether that box is really lost or not. Nobody buy anymore of that one til I know, mkay?? :D :D

BC - maybe post some of your ideas for that in your threads, good info sharing there - gives inspiration. It is soo much better to cook everything, support local farmers, etc.

JL - I think that sounds like a great plan! Good for you! No one has to buy OCCO Ambrosia alone either. I love it so, but already spent (literally) due to sale. I still have a FB from last year bc I was out of my mind over it, and right after 1st joining LP too.

Mem- Sounds like you got an awesome haul. I don't know the deets around your package, but also hope for you it shows up too! Congrats on the FB LFM. I have had the hardest time finding my sweet spot with this one, not sure why, but I beyond LOVE it when I do. I get so much DIHL and the selfies are perfect. And the selfies for me are most important, hits are total bonus (and I like that bonus). :)

ETA: now that I think more about it, I do love the hits as much as the selfies. ;)

Edited by Beach Goddess

I have 19 damn bottles coming. by far by biggest order. But I haven't made a big order since last Sale. I haven't bought a bottle since January!!

What did I order? Too much! I don't even want to count how many bottles I have coming. My bank account is crying lol.

I bought a shit ton last year. Probably not as much this year but we will see lol.

Guest cutie.pie

I am going to need to destash some and make some room! Not even kissing!

You won't even kiss your bottles goodbye? :lol: I LOVE your autocorrect! (at least I think it was autocorrect :lol:)

Body Paint and Ambrosia of Eros for me, and two for my two best friends whose birthdays are within days of each other next month: Spirit Bottle for the resin ho, and Tropical Musk for the parrothead (seriously, she's a hardcore Jimmy Buffet/tiki bar parrothead and loves Lestat). And two more bottles from the sale for me: Fang and Weenie. I have samples and both smell perfectly female on me!

Well, I didn't QUITE stick to the plan....

I decided to go for full bottles on the NRs I am most excited about, so Ambrosia of Eros, Body Paint, Spirit Bottle and Velvet Kisses. Getting a couple more of my Siamese Cloud boosted with B2.2. Then sale bottles of Apparition and Sweet Surrender (backups of beloved scents) and Ashes to Dust, which I am so thrilled about! And finally.... getting a bottle of Night at the Round Table because that is the bottle that led me to LP! I was having an email conversation with my best friend about the magical properties of ginger and did some googling and that scent came up and though I didn't order it then, I was down the rabbit hole and into the extraordinary world that is Love Potion Perfume. I've been meaning to try this one for years... can't believe I am literally getting the last bottle!

I'm considering 1 each of Spirit Bottle & Pillow Stuffing. I may get the Pillow Stuffing in a spray so that I can spritzed the bed down :)

Wellll, for anyone who has ever seen my favorites listed, Velvet and Steel has always been tops. Needless to say, Tropical Musk was the no brainer. I'd love to get a sample of Body Paint and Velvet Kisses, but I am fairly certain I'd amp the hooha out of the amber and resin. Still, may give them a whirl. Ordered a bottle of Stacy's Lady Luck from Etsy.

Thus far: I'm getting bottles of Unwrapped, Pumpkin Juice Cocktail as freebies. Also requested a pendulum and two sun catchers. Starting holiday shopping this month. Got a bracelet for my sweetheart of a daughter-in-law.

I was totally out of control. 11 free bottles. You do the math. I already cook all my own food because I'm vegan, make my own sodas with water kefir (saving $ on priobiotics), wash instead of dry clean, so what can I give up.

Cigarettes--really? I would go to that length?

My gym membership--I haven't been there for 3 years

I think I need the whole forum's intention here but let's say I cut out the cigarettes and replace with my new healthy addiction for perfumes. Even if I only cut out half of the smokes, that is $150 per month. I can do that. And the gym membership goes.

I would cut out the smoking completely and keep the gym. ;)

We don't need to eat cake and smoke. Mara covers that with the scents.

Just ordered aug sampler, all new scents to me not only excited but curious to see what the best of the best will be, fully prepared for a 7 or 8 front runner tie tho :). Next on my list is a sun catcher and pendulum w chart as well.

Guest cutie.pie

I ordered products that are "related" to me lol Additional bottles of my PEs, UN Mega Watt and Sugared Pears :)

Finally placed my order and got FBs of Spirit Bottle 2015, Moist, and Dragonfly plus an NR sample set and a sample of Summer Crush. There were my freebies, too, after some assistance from LP folks.

What were your freebies Donsie?

I'm bummed. My friend is out of town, so I'll have to wait to order hers. So right now I'm just getting the sampler and one other (Mother Goddess?) to get my first freebie. Hopefully I can make another order before the sale ends..

YAY! Just placed my sale order. Got some UN FBs, August sampler, lots of random samples and FBs of Rocket Fuel, Sneaky Clean, and LP Latte (hope I like that one, I just went for it unsniffed!). These past two months my perfume budget has gone over my food budget.. :oops:

I've been waiting for this sale -- I placed a pretty big order and I'm planning to place a matching one ($$ wise) two weeks from now, in time to take advantage of the sale again. :)

This order is for an August sampler, fbs of LP Tropique, Beautiful Dreamer, UN Blatant Invitation, 2 bottles of Vampire Bait with a boost of Dom split between them, a 15 ml Fairy Cake Orange and samples of LP Pink, OCCO Blue, OCCO Red, Parasol, Steamy Bikini and Moist. My Freebie bottles are Abby Normal, Frambuesa y Coco, Kitten Heels x 2, Pirouette and Punky.

I CANNOT WAIT!!! ... and now, to start planning that next order. haha!

Which 'Sugared' will you be considering, Beach Goddess? I'm eyeing at the Sugared Peony, Orchid, Vanilla Velvet, Birthday Cake and Coconut.

Plumeria, Strawberries, and Coconut. I haven't tried birthday cake (though I really want this one too!). I have a small decant of the orchid but haven't tried it yet bc I'm a bit worried I'll love it too.

I flipped out on the sugared cocoa butter, coconut, plumeria and strawberries. I prefer the sugared plumeria over the FC plumeria - go figure.

Guest cutie.pie

I've been waiting for this sale -- I placed a pretty big order and I'm planning to place a matching one ($$ wise) two weeks from now, in time to take advantage of the sale again. :)

This order is for an August sampler, fbs of LP Tropique, Beautiful Dreamer, UN Blatant Invitation, 2 bottles of Vampire Bait with a boost of Dom split between them, a 15 ml Fairy Cake Orange and samples of LP Pink, OCCO Blue, OCCO Red, Parasol, Steamy Bikini and Moist. My Freebie bottles are Abby Normal, Frambuesa y Coco, Kitten Heels x 2, Pirouette and Punky.

I CANNOT WAIT!!! ... and now, to start planning that next order. haha!

I'm glad you're getting FC Orange!!! :)

Lisa, invest in some of those photo boxes they sell at Michael's and label the tops! Orrrrr, you can be a crazy person like me and have an entire medicine cabinet installed in your bedroom and fill it with LPs!
I got two sale orders. First one is The New Spirit Bottle,Embody the Tarot: The Lovers(WHICH I CAN'T FIND ANY REVIEWS FOR???), and my Freebie is Espiritual. Second order is Original Love Potion (someone STOLE mine :( ), a small Sugared Majmua, a small Tuberose Fairy Cake, and my freebie is Tails of Mystery (I had a real tough time deciding between that and Crayons: Burnt Umber! Hope I made the right choice!
I also have a BOATLOAD of trades coming to me. I can't even remember what they all are right now, but I'm VERY EXCITED! I haven't been able to order any new LPs in over a year, so YAY

Edited by cheeseburger79

Gonna be ordering another bottle of Bad Boy, considering a bottle of Spirit Bottle (I LOVED the original) and a bottle of H20OO

Because I was such a hot mess last year during the sale (it was my first sale--was randomly picking freebies based on names and notes I'd never smelled, doh!) I kinda went insane on my first order... It's great though, 'cause I boosted my UN collection and bought favorites again. Doubled up on my Pirouette, Coquette, and Sweet Surrender FBs, then picked a few Etsy bottles I'd been eyeing for months. With 11 freebies, I'm not sure how the hell a person can rationalize making another order.... But I'm gonna do my damnedest in two weeks when I get paid again, lol.

I like how everyone is brainstorming ways to reduce extra expenses. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread for ideas!

I think the main thing for a lot of people is eating out. From today to the end of the month, I'm gonna try to make breakfast and lunch ($10-15 saved), and restrict happy hours/networking nights down to only four outings this month (that's at least $25 saved, not counting if I'm treating the other person... which could be as high as $50-60). Oh, and I've got to stop taking taxi's and uber in(to) the city!!! Those $16 here and there adds up to valuable bottles after all, lol.

Holy crapiola, here I am blaming an addiction to buying LP's, when I am clearly bleeding money every week for no reason. Whoa.

...I guess this Sale was actually a really good thing then. Hm. Well, thank you everybody!!!!

Ok that was a tough yet fun decision to narrow down my considerations for aug scents and in no particular order would be Tropical Musk, Lick of Cream, Honeyed LP, Bad Boy, Velvet Kisses. Also Soul Food and Spirit Bottle are great intent scents. I didn't see a thread for Spirit Bottle but a powerful scent without overpowering the senses love the note descripts on this one. Since some aren't exactly me scents I would love to experiment w their intents on rits, so possibly trial vials would be in order for those, I'm looking at you Soul Food and Spirit Bottle ;).

So, I just *had to*, I really did, get some things in the sale.

I went with Mermaids of Atlantis (how could I not try this?), Spirit Bottle, 1 rose quartz heart, 2 honey body butters, Pirouette with LFM, and 2 samps of LP O.

Freebies chose 2 Pirouettes with LFM boosted with cops. :Emoticons0804: I am so excited about all of it. Pirouette has helped me find my LFM sweet spot and I love all of the notes. I've been wanting a FB since this came out, so was very excited this was on the freebie list.

Laughed my ass off.

Anyone remember where the instructions were to find out how many bottles are left of each new release?

http://lovepotion.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=8934&do=findComment&comment=322662

In case my link doesn't work (I'm on my Kindle) I will bump the thread for you. Hit "View New Content" up in the top right corner to find it :)